The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- I maintain eRecords on a "Cloud-Based" system called CarePaths. This system is certified under the ONC Certification Program. You will receive a login and password to access your information. Every effort has been make to find the most secure, responsive application to meet HIPPA standards. If you feel that use of this process compromises your confidentiality, please let me know and we will discuss alternatives.
I request your authorization to audio/video tape different sessions. This provides:
- the ability for me to review tapes for my own professional development & improvement
- the ability for you to review your progress
- reinforce positive affirmations developed in hypnotherapy
- Media is stored securely onsite.
- I request your preferences on leaving telephone messages, texts, and appointment information. There may be times when this activity may be seen by others in your household and we work together to develop secure means of communication. I will do telephone sessions on a case-by-case basis if we have met done an initial/prior face-to-face session.
- I request your preferences on emailing appointment information or instructions. There may be times when this activity may be seen by others in your household and we work together to develop secure means of communication. I do not send session content information by email.
Skype or Videoteleconferencing
- This is the least secure method of meeting. I do some Skype sessions after meeting in person with a client, but the client must understand the risk to confidentiality.
- I am in the process of setting up a secure method of VideoConferencing through CarePaths, an ONC Certified provider.